Yahoo Recruitment Drive for Service Reliability Engineer
Company Profile :
Yahoo’s Operations team is seeking a talented “Rapid Response Engineer” to play a vital role in a team that runs critical operations and systems engineering for Yahoo most popular Internet sites — including Mail, Messenger, Sports, Finance, Games, News, Entertainment, and many others.This position requires an aggressive troubleshooter who can multitask on problems of varying difficulty, priority and time-sensitivity. This versatile position requires familiarity with all the support concepts of busy Web sites: Systems and database administration; Networking; Process troubleshooting; QA and rollout automation.Ideal candidate will possess a broad range of computer science skills. The candidate must be persistent, result oriented, and a self-starter.
COMPANY WEBSITE : www.yahoo.com
Job Category : Service Reliability Engineer
Skills : Good Communication Skills
- Apply broader knowledge of property in remediating complex system issues thus reducing escalation to Production Engineer.
- Develop creative and practical solutions to resolve non-routine problems in own area of expertise at SRE through analysis of various property and application dependencies.
- Provides guidance and technical advice to the Ops team and get involved as required, to resolve medium and higher severity incidents.
- Identifies problems and issues in functional area of support. Develop solutions to the systematic problems through networking and knowledge assimilation from property PE and DEV team.
- Trains, guides and delegates work to the Operations team by breaking down information in a systematic and communicable manner from leadership position.
- Guided by SRE goals and objectives provide technical direction to other SREs in team, around the completion of short-term work projects.
- Networks with senior internal colleagues both in DEV and PE team in own area of expertise to enhance knowledge.
- Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale Linux environment.
- Work with development teams to harden, enhance, document, and generally improve the operability of our systems.
- Provide a rapid response to escalations, leading to a decrease in response time and the Mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR).
- Aggressively troubleshoot and multitask incidents of varying difficulty and priority with a focus on prioritization of tasks, ensuring that higher priority items are addressed first.
Placement Papers :
- BS in Computer Science or 5 years in related technical field.
- Excellent hands on Linux or Unix or any similar variants; both administration and internals.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability.
- Experience working with large scale production deployments of thousands of servers
- Good understanding on RDBMS concepts and MySQL.
- Write scripts to monitor and automate process.
- Should be able to interpret system condition by looking at system stats/profiles (e.g. CPU, Memory, Swap, disk capacity).
- Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure deployment tools like Chef, Puppet, SALT, Jenkins etc.
- Demonstrated programming skill in one or more of : Perl, Ruby and Python.
- Experience in one of Enterprise Monitoring Systems like Nagios, Sitescope, Omnibus Netcool etc.
Interested and eligible candidates apply this position by following link as soon as possible
Link to Apply : Apply here
Hope this helps !!
Feel free to contact. & share the notes to as many people as possible, never hesitate in sharing Knowledge 🙂
Good Luck Friends!!!
God is always with you.
With Best wishes and Best Regards,
If you have any problems, need any suggestions, need any interview questions, Please Ask me here.
BJS Bangalore Job Seeker
Happy to Help you 🙂