Symantec Recruitment Drive for Freshers | B.E,B.Tech,MCA | Assoc Software Engineer|pune
Company Profile :
Come and join our STAR family, which is home to a global team of security experts at Symantec! The group is high-talent and high-energy, pushing new technologies that achieve the best detection, best performance, and best user experience in the marketplace. Candidates should possess an awareness of email threats, vulnerabilities and exploits. If you have a naturally inquisitive nature, interested in security, STAR and the Email Threat Response team is the group to join!
Our team includes analysts that are responsible for completing and delivering forensic email threat analysis, adding detection, developing prototypes and systems to automate the detection, consumption, processing and distribution of email threat intelligence.
JOB ID: 35674
Job Category : Assoc Software Engineer
Qualification – Eligibility Criteria :
Skills : Good Communication Skills
Location – Maharashtra, Pune – EON IT park
The role involves supporting Symantec. Cloud Anti-Spam and SMG services. You will be required to analyze email data, investigate into email threats, add detection, and develop systems to automate detection, processing and distribution of email threat intelligence.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNT ABILITIES :-
• Handle Immediate email threat analysis; add reactive and proactive detection
• Forensic analysis of email threat from various sources, proactive engagement on maintaining effectiveness
• Regular feedback to Automation, Heuristics and development teams to maintain and enhance detection systems
• Research and idea on automatic detection and rule generation, implement prototypes on such research
• Identify opportunities to automate repetitive tasks, feed these back to Development team
• Suggest and drive tool requirements
• Comfortable, confident and assertive in both written and oral communications.
• Monitor third-party security related websites, forums, and mailing lists for information regarding vulnerabilities, exploits and recent developments in the field
Placement Papers :
PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Strong English language communication skills
• An aptitude for absorbing and adopting new technology rapidly and a naturally inquisitive nature
• Experience of technical documentation writing
• Experience of regular expression scripting
• Knowledge of email threat detection techniques
• Familiar with security vulnerabilities
• Proven ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines and against changing priorities in an extremely competitive environment
• Ability to demonstrate creative solutions to problems and address challenges in multiple problem domains.
• Experience of working with Linux (preferably RedHat/CentOS) on the command line.
• Experience in one or more of the following programming languages on Linux:, Perl, Python and willing/able to learn and use others as needed
• Experience in using one or more of the above scripting languages to process, store, and retrieve complex data to/from databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, Redis, etc.
• Working knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, SMTP, POP and IMAP
• Knowledge of SMTP and RFC2821
• Knowledge of HTTP and RFC2616
• Knowledge of email systems, particularly MIME and RFC2822
Walk-In Venue : Chennai
LAST DATE: ASAP
Interested and eligible candidates apply this position by following link as soon as possible
Link to Apply : Apply here
Hope this helps !!
Feel free to contact. & share the notes to as many people as possible, never hesitate in sharing Knowledge 🙂
Good Luck Friends!!!
God is always with you.
With Best wishes and Best Regards,
If you have any problems, need any suggestions, need any interview questions, Please Ask me here.
BJS Bangalore Job Seeker
Happy to Help you 🙂